Why Did I Make
Month after month, I get AT LEAST TWO
computer-generated phone calls EVERY DAY from NCO
Financial Systems. That's why I took the time to make
They are attempting to collect an alleged 1996 credit card
debt I DO NOT owe.
- I did not owe the debt, and I DO NOT owe the debt.
- Additionally, the statute of limitations has long since
expired. NCO Financial Systems attempts to collect
TIME-BARRED DEBT through ceaseless, pounding
There is NO JUSTIFICATION for DAILY HARASSMENT,
Due to their continuing, over-the-top debt collection
harassment practices, I decided to join others who have told
their stories online, so that there is more awareness of
this relentless pounding tactic. This is the worst
collection agency in the USA.
Want proof? Keep reading.
Who Are They?
- Top Ten List
Here is a list of the top 10 worst collection
agencies in the United States,
from Bud Hibbs - America's Consumer Credit Expert
Here is Bud's February 2009 list -
Special Category - Marauder - Indian Wells, CA - Ryon
1. Fred Hanna - Marietta, Georgia
2. Unistates - bankrupt
3. Unifund - Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Meridian Management - Ponte Vedra, FL
5. Mann-Bracken - Formerly Wolpoff & Abramson -
6. Midland Credit Management - San Diego, CA
7. NCO Financial Systems
8. LVNV Funding - Greenville, South Carolina
9. Coastal Asset - AKA Shekinah - Huntington Beach,
10. Asset Acceptance Corporation - Warren,
11. Collect America - Denver, CO
12. Aurora, Gold - East Aurora, NY
Here is Bud's list from 3 years ago -
1. Giove Law Offices - Buffalo, Amherst, Rochester, West
Seneca, Niagara Falls, Snyder, NY
2. Wolpoff & Abramson - Rockville, MD
3. NCO Financial
Services - Horsham, Pennsylvania
More Complaints Daily
than the Other Nine Combined" Bud has dropped this
4. Shekinah, Inc. -
5. Unifund CCR Partners - Cincinnati, Ohio
6. LVNV Funding, LLC Resurgent Capital - Greenville,
7. Frederick J. Hanna & Associates - Marietta,
8. Collect America, LTD - (CACV) & (CACH)
9. Asset Acceptance Corporation - Warren,
10. Bronson & Migliaccio, LLP - Buffalo, NY
The company never identifies itself. My caller ID always
says "Out of Area".
There are many NCO numbers. The
following are the numbers that have hounded me
800-685-4343 - Harassment
Number - #1
800-445-4918 - Harassment
Number - #2
888-550-4514 - Harassment
Number - #3
Here is the autodialer message
"This is an important message from
NCO Financial Systems, Incorporated.
The law requires that we notify you that (unintelligible)
debt collection company.
This is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information
obtained will be used for that purpose. Please call Julio
Elaine back today, at 1-800-445-4918.
Once again, the number is 1-800-445-4918.
CPS123 is your ID code.
Again, your ID Code is CPS123"
(ID code changed)
Wednesday 10:38 AM, Feb. 21,
2007 (followed by many other "silent" calls - no message,
just harassment hang-ups)
Cease and Desist
BY FEDERAL LAW. the harassment must stop, once you send
a "Cease and Desist" letter. You must send this letter by
Certified Mail (PS Form #3800) with a Return Receipt (PS
Form #3811), to prove that it was sent, and that it was
and Desist letter from I Hate
and Desist letter from Credit
Document all harassment that occurs
after you send the letter. You may be entitled to a cash
award, if it can be shown that the company acted in bad
faith, and continued to violate Federal law, after the order
letter was received.
((Why have I not done this earlier? Laziness, and I thought
I would just let them waste their time, was the best way to
respond. But this has gone too far. It is ridiculous beyond
belief. I have sent the Cease and Desist letter. I am
reporting below the timeline
of events after I mailed the letter. My phone ANNOUNCES that
I record all calls (time-stamped.))
You Must Have Proof
Here are the 2 Post Office forms that you need -
USPS Form 3800 -
Certified Mail Receipt
USPS Form 3811 -
Domestic Return Receipt
In addition, you will probably have to
Send a Cease and Desist Order to Merchants' Credit Guide
Credit Guide Co.
223 W. Jackson Blvd., #900